At 11:52 AM -0500 11/27/05, bobgir2004 wrote:
    Just a friendly reminder to all.

    It's gotten quite cold these last weeks and I've noticed, in particular
when wearing anything made of Polartec, that when I reach for the light
switch when I enter the room to use my iBook,  when I hit the light switch I
often create a very loud snap/spark of static electricity from my finger to
one of the two screws holding in the light switch plate.

    It's a much better idea to discharge that static electricity there than
into your iBook/PowerBook's track pad.

    'Nuff said,
    bob

Never enough said about this important subject!

Too many people ignore this issue.
Then they wonder why their DIMMs are flakey, etc.

Static electricity and computers DO NOT get along.

Today's faster components are *extra* sensative!

Ground thyself!  before touching your sweetie Mac!

And if you're actually working inside your Mac, *keep* yourself grounded!

Extra points if you make the cat jump! :)

ObAlternativePOV: Don't ever ground yourself. I need the income repairing your machines! Carpe DIMM! Thankyouveddymuch!

- Dan.