Ahhhhh, but there's no place like home. What did she do, leave it outside? Or live in a house without AC? I can see that happening in a case like that. Mold is a MAJOR problem down here. It does seem to love to live inside electronics that 'live' outside. I saw a TV that a neighbor 'used' to use out on her patio die after about a year. We opened it up and it was full of all these pretty colors of mold. Sort of changed her mind about bringing it back for warrantee coverage. But most electronics down here, if kept in an air conditioned house (AC also de-humidifies) can live long happy lives. I keep my house at about 74 degrees. Now lightening: yes, we are known as the lightening capital of the US. A wise user NEVER plugs anthing! directly into the wall.....well nothing sensitive. TV's, sound equipment, computers, monitors, routers, printers etc are all on back- up power supplies or at a minimum a power strip with a surge protector. Even still, a lightening storm fried 2 dsl modems within a span of 6 months. Anyway, hopefully all of this goes to illustrate to some new user on the list that you have to take care no matter where you live. Weather conditions can render your precious, expensive electronic toys useless. Take all precautions when it comes to protecting them. Find out what others in your area do to extend the life of their computers. Most of all, live defensively.

Best wishes for the holiday season,

Tim