> This email is getting long enough for now ;-)  If you
> don't know how to cycle charge a battery, let me know
> and I'll email you the steps.

ok, I'd be interested in that.

Any remedy to the common problem to have the pb going to sleep without
warning while advertising the battery with some 40% (or even more) charge?
I was advised by Apple personnel to try and run the battery completely down
in order to recalibrate, down to the point it shuts the computer down. I did
that once, but it didn't solve the problem.

I think it's something "introduced" by Panther? I have this also with Tiger.
Another advise I followed was that of replacing the Apple Battery monitor
from the menu bar and replacing it with Slim Battery, which I've done,
without improving the situation.

cheers,
gianfranco