Kristina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:
>neither the DELL Inspiron 1150 and the Lomabard  have a connection port to
>which this 4-6pin firewire cable will connect.
>
>This was discussed in the clay animation conversation...I get that...
>
> I understand  that neither of  these computers are firewire
>compatible...they only have USB and  some other cable type port...what  kind
>I don 't know  but are the type that require screwing in on either
>side...which isn't what you are offering. I will have to study the net for
>descriptions that match the ports on the back of these and name them one by
>one.
>
>Basically I just want to load new tunes on the 2gen iPod .
>
>huge sigh

Don't sigh Kristina, go here instead and order this $20 item:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/PCMCIA2P/>

It's a 2 port PCcard FW adapter. Pop this sucker into your Lombard's
PCcard slot, plug in the iPod into one port, the iPod's power adapter
into the other port and you're good to go.

hth,

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700