--- Andrew in Ann Arbor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1" travel seems a bit much but it might work that
> way for a while yet.

Again, I'll restate here becasue I think it's
important...  If your hinges are loose, DO NOT just
continue to use them and see how long it will last.
How long will it last until what??  Until it breaks
completely?  Then what happens?  It gets more loose?
More play opening and closing and the screen won't
stay in the position you want?  Those are the least of
your worries.  If that hinge breaks (and they do) and
a sharp portion of the metal pierces a video cable
running through the hinge or some other cable coming
off the mother board it's gong to take out another
component... it could short and take out many more
components and that, I promise you, will be very
costly.

> I had the hinges on my wallstreet replaced by
> pbparts for about $70 and
> they've been fine since then (3 years).

That doesn't sound like a bad deal.  I really want to
think i was able to find the hinges on ebay for around
$50 and do the repair myself. (Though I've been
repairing many models of laptops for years and am very
comfortable with doing so.)  If your not
comfortable... that sounds like a good deal.
Likewise, if your going to find them on ebay... make
sure you knwo if it's the left or right hinge and make
sure your getting the hinge for the proper size
display.

Sionnach