Thanks to all to answered my previous post regarding loose hinges. I contact PB parts who make/install the steel replacement hinges that everyone seems to be recommending. This is their response.

We don't recommend doing the screen support repair until the hinges have
actually failed. The main reason we recommend waiting is that the play you
have described is quite typical, and has little to do with the actual
failure. When screen supports fail, it is usually sudden, and complete. Your existing hinges may last several more years. Another thing to consider is that we will eliminate most of the play when we do the rebuild, but it
normally returns in a few months.  There is nothing that can be done to
permanently eliminate the play.

PBParts

Got to like a business that doesn't pressure sell. Anyway, I will leave the hinges for now.

Anybody know of a DVD module that works with OSX?