> Krow Magnum at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 12/9/05 1:48 PM
>
> On 12/9/05, John Siple <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> eBay-ers will probably bid the price of that G4 way over $400. I've
>> also run into sneaky stuff like little extra charges because the
>> sellers complain that they are just paying too much for PayPal. I
>> find eBay completely odious. But you may find really good deals via
>> DealMac, where you can sign up for alerts on low prices for G4 iBooks.
>
> A quick look at G4 800MHz sales on ebay shows the iBooks sell for
> about $5-700.00 so keep that in mind. And watch what they charge for
> shipping too. $20.00 is usually plenty $$ to ship a laptop with
> insurance in the US. You can still get new iBooks for $999.00 (12")
> too and refurbs are even less.
> --
> Ron
> http://krowmagnum.4mg.com/

Thanks, Ron.  This particular one up for grabs is a refurb from a guy or a
company who sells quite a few pcs (and apples?) and it is a
G4/800mhz/30gig/640mb/ComboDrive and No OS, supposedly checked out by their
techs and in "good working condition," so if an OS costs about $100, then
using your figures, it should be $400-$600 max.  And they are saying $30 for
FEDEX, which is all they use.  I did think $30 was a bit much for S&H.

A few weeks ago I did start out by looking at the brand new ibooks but
thought if I could cut the price in half with a refurb or used, I'd rather
go that route than jack up the credit card. ;-)
/G