In a message dated 12/9/05 1:22:31 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>One thing about the seller who has the iBook is that he is probably
>reputable but just does not have the OS CD's to sell with it. Too many
>eBay sellers sell computers with a newer OS but no CD's which is
>software pirating and generally is a sign of their honesty. Without
>the CD's the hard drive should be wiped clean. So at least he didn't
>add Panther or Tiger to the iBook to sell it for more money and that's
>a good sign.

I don't know about it being an indicator of anyone's honesty or not; what
about situations where individuals are selling their personal laptops after
being
upgraded? Doesn't the act of piracy require some requisite mental state?

Also, doesn't the frequently seen "Buyer must erase drive after reviewing OS"
pretty much cover any loose ends?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"