Hi folks!

I don't believe my Pismo is really DEAD dead, but it is dead.

This happened to me once before and it revived after just being plugged into the AC yoyo for a couple of days. I've tried that, but to no avail. I did leave the battery in it while trying to charge it via the AC charger, but in case this matters, I've removed the battery and will now see if it can be started without the battery in place.

I left it unused for several months and that's why it's dead. When this happened before, I got a scare and asked the list. I've followed the following advice:

I've read a few times that when the main battery is completely discharged, you have to plug the PowerBook for at least 48 hours to recharge the PRAM. Then, if it doesn't start with Command+Control+Power, try to reset the PMU
again with the instructions from Apple:

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
2. Press and release the reset button located on the rear panel of the
computer between the external video and modem ports.
3. Wait 5 seconds.
4. Press the Power button to restart the computer.

Any other ideas if charging it without the battery doesn't revive it? Can disuse cause the power management to die?

Thanks,

Donald