I used to really like Linksys' gear.

I've owned/worked with a BEFSR41 (the "original" cable/DSL router), a
BEFVP41 (the IPSEC VPN end-point version), and a BEFW11S4 (802.11b wireless
router). All were solid pieces of equipment, quite reliable, every one is
still in operation.

So when the company I work for wanted to get a VPN endpoint in place, I
ordered a WRV54G 802.11g access point/router/VPN endpoint without even
bothering to read a review.

Big mistake.

The IPSEC endpoint in it doesn't work...for some reason, unknown to God and
man, they left NAT traversal out, rendering the VPN endpoint just about
useless. The older BEFVP41 HAS it. To make matters worse, Linksys came out
with their "QuickVPN" software - which is supposed to be able to traverse
NAT - but of course, you can't have it installed on your computer with
another IPSEC client, and of course, there's no MacOS version (MacOS X has a
built-in IPSEC client, which WORKS with the BEFVP41). Linksys support, which
I'd never even needed before, put on a brave face but ultimately provided no
solution.

I don't know it it's just one bum product or a sea change in the way Linksys
does business, but check out linksysinfo.org and look up the comments on the
WRV54G... :(