I like and use the mini, I have a Pismo 500, it has a gig of ram but it’s firewire will work most excellent with the mini as your’s will too. Actually I connected the USB 1 and it works but not shazam like in firewire. These pismos are so nice, has to rank as the best and most versital book ever made by Apple. I broke down and finally bought a new 17” PowerBook, but it sure does not fit like the pismo does and for writing letters and email, it will be from the Pismo
Have fun