I'm looking to move up from a 3400c to a Lombard or Pismo and want
your advice as to which to go for, or if there is a significant real
world difference.

I've combed the LEM site and EveryMac, but want more than just specs to go by.

I'd like to be able to surf the web wirelessly, write, and watch an
occasional DVD. I'm comfortable in OS 9, Jaguar, or Panther. I have no
current need for SCSI, and FW is nice, but not necessary. Budget is a
concern....

Thanks for your opinions and experience.

Mark