On Jan 16, 2006, at 4:16 PM, MMB wrote:

J Sanderson:

You wrote:

I am wondering if anyone here can remind me what causes the above symptom. It goes away after a few seconds and the colour is fine. The pink colour returns after waking the comp from sleep. The colour always goes away. Is this something to be very concerned about, somewhat concerned about , not to worry about in the near future but...

Mad Dog Tom and Lisa Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> have suggested that it's a failing backlight.

It is the backlight, you really don't need to worry until it fails, but when it does you will have serious trouble seeing anything on the screen. It's sort of like a florescent lamp going bad. Just takes longer to warm up.
--
Alan Miller
Underwater Photographer   <°))))<....°.°.°.°.