>> Mad Dog Tom and Lisa Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> have suggested
>> that it's a failing backlight.
>
> It is the backlight, you really don't need to worry until it fails,
> but when it does you will have serious trouble seeing anything on the
> screen. It's sort of like a florescent lamp going bad. Just takes
> longer to warm up.

It is, I've been using one with this symptom in my test rig for about 18
months and it has gradually got worse but is still fine when warmed up.

Replacement second hand LCDs aren't stupidly expensive these days, so
personally I'd hold out until you can't bare it any more and replace it with
one from eBay or wherever.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk