on 21/01/06 17:12, Francesco sciacca at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hello listers,
>
> I've just installed Tiger on my iPod with the intention of keeping a
> rescue portable disk. I've then booted my powerbook from it and tried the
> software updates. Unfortunately, although the PB shows as being connected
> via Aiport, I get network connection failures.
>
> Digging in the logs I've found this in /var/log/system.log:
> executing /System/Library/.... .../enable-network
> posting notification com.apple.system.config.network.change
> no server suitable for configuration found
> target=enable-network: disabled
> Repeated trnsactions for interface en1 (ip address); delaying packets by 5
> seconds
>
> Network diagnostics shows everything in green, except for ISP=failed
> (red). Also, the file com.apple.system.config.network.change does not
> exist neither on the iPod nor on my main Tiger partition.
>
> Has anyone any experience of booting and running a PB from an iPod?? Maybe
> there's something obvious I am missing...??
>
> thanks for any help and cheers,
> gianfranco

It should not be any different than booting from the internal disk. There is
something missing somewhere but I can't tell what it is. But it should not
have anything to do with the fact that you are using an iPod.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

hang: v. 1. [very common] To wait for an event that will never occur. "The
system is hanging because it can't read from the crashed drive". See wedged,
hung. 2. To wait for some event to occur; to hang around until something
happens. "The program displays a menu and then hangs until you type a
character." Compare block. 3. To attach a peripheral device, esp. in the
construction `hang off': "We're going to hang another tape drive off the
file server." Implies a device attached with cables, rather than something
that is strictly inside the machine's chassis.