Free solutions are nice but that's not where I was headed. As a less experienced user I was seeking guidance in both, how-to and is it okay to do so.

Amongst my circle of friends I'm one of the few that owns a computer capable of this or has any real interest in doing so. Of course it's always easier to pass judgement on someone for something you have no personal interest in. Hence it's easy for some of my friends to say I'm breaking the law or that what I'm doing is wrong. So right out of the gate I become involved in what one particular group of people believes to be right or wrong.

While it was not my intent to seek moral guidance I rest more comfortably knowing I have addressed a topic from a diverse group of perspectives. And for that I thank all who have responded.

Following up I'd like to add that I have downloaded Mac The Ripper and purchased Popcorn. It will be a few days before I receive the Popcorn software and I'm hoping that things will become clearer once I get it. I'm still a bit confused on the exact procedures and then there's all that movie stuff that came with my iBook (DVD Player, iDVD, & iMovie HD). I would have thought that one of those would of made all this possible. I have certainly spent enough time trying.

The people who contribute on here have helped me more than once and saved me countless hours of wasted effort in seeking a solution in the wrong place; not to mention the money I've saved by getting it right the first time. In short...thank you! Rest assured I do my best to pass it on.

Sincerely,
Dennis