On Feb 2, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Ruffin Bailey wrote:

In any event, for light "word processing on the web", it's really stellar. Spellcheck is great to have and it does a super job of WYSIWYGing aside from linked css. And thank freakin' heavens for the lack of html bloat, the span issues aside. It's an html designer's dream if they have to accept formatted text from other members of their company.

That's how we use it here. As it stands it really isn't a replacement for Dreamweaver, but it IS a replacement for what 80% of the folks out there *buy* DreamWeaver for. (and fire up once, blanch at the complexity, then turn to Word and crank out horrid HTML from there.)

Now, instead of having to recut something from Word

Hmm...don't you mean, "rewrite it from scratch" after burning the disk that the original was on?

(No, I haven't had to do that a couple of time, nooooo. ;-)

, you get them to download NVu to edit and work from that very easy to modify base.

Interestingly for me, Seamonkey 1.0 is out now and has Composer in it. I wonder which set of Composer code is more stable?

Composer in the current version of Seamonkey is the old Composer code; the nVu folks and the Mozilla folks are in the process of folding nVu improvements back into the Mozilla codebase. There was some discussion of this in the Seamonkey release announcement on Slashdot.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'