My reply follows quote.

On 2/3/06, at 5:53 AM -0500, Tim Collier wrote:

>THIS is the reason I don't like bottom posting.  When I first saw
(snip)
>go on to the next one that top posted.  I think we need to put this
>to a vote.

I've been a list nanny since we started having nannies,  and on one of the
oldest lists, the quadlist.

The lists are not a democracy. There is no voting.  If you don't like
following rules meant for the good of all, unsubscribe. It's not a
dictatorship either.

That said, there have always been people who top-posted. It's a pain.

 Courtesy to aid effective communication  is the object here. Just as we
DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS we have a number of other conventions to extend
courtesy as we wish it extended to us.

 The top posting rules is a lot older than a year. (snip) ing long quotes
to the minimum is another courtesy.

But, Tim has put his finger on it.

 If we don't use the rules effectively, people will not read our thoughts.
 The delete key is a lot easier than scrolling through a lot of repetative
junk.

I'd suggest a look-see at the list rules
(<http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/rules.html>)

or I'll be glad to send them to you by e-mail.
--
HTH
 Paul (<pjspop @ bresnan.net>)