On Fri Feb 03, Amber Robey wrote:

> Listen everybody - I am not trying to make things difficult for any
> you. I am honestly just trying to keep the list running smoothly
> and enforce the LEM list rules. That's all.

Aside from my one snip about bottom posting, I was going to refrain from
entering this dialogue. However, this all really touches upon a pet peeve
of mine - people who voluntarily join a group, are directed to the rules
to the group, implicitly agree to them, then raise all manner of hell when
they're asked to actually <gasp> comply.

Get over yourselves. If you don't like them, either *respectfully*
challenge them or move on. It's simple. As far as *these* rules go, they
seem simple, straight forward, and have stood the (relatively short) test
of time. It's unfortunate that current developers neglect these
conventions, but please don't make the list-nannies pay for that.

I, for one, have had *one* serious problem with a nanny when they
introduced a 'rule' about the use of sarcasm (it was *forbidden*), but
felt quite at ease to cast similarly disparaging comments upon members of
the list. His response to be challenged by a mere subsciber was to suspend
me from the list and I was "not expect to get back on anytime soon". That
was last . . April . .  ?

Amber and Laurent  - thank you for the time you commit to allowing this to
be (usually) one of the most informative and readable lists out here.

--
Non Illegitimi Carborundum