On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Woody Duncan wrote:

> I use a G-4 powerbook, OS 10.4. I recently got an ipod
> to hold photos (triplet grandkids) and some music.
> I'm confused on uploading new music without losing
> the old tunes on the ipod. When I add new stuff to my
> itunes and then want to put them on my ipod, do I have
> to upload everything (takes forever) or can I just
> add some additional music ?
>               A Real Novice, Woody

Without using a third party app, iTunes 'synchronizes' your iPod with your
iTunes Library. If you have music on your iPod that no longer exists in
your Library, you'll lose that music. If only a few changes (ie.
additions) have been made to the Library, the synch process should move
along pretty quickly.

This was implemented, IIRC, in the attempt to prevent you from easily
downloading tunes from your friend's computers directly to the iPod, and
to ease resistance to the introduction of the iPod from the RIAA front.

A check at Versiontracker.com for 'iPod' should give you an idea of some
of the utilities available.
--
Non Illegitimi Carborundum