At 7:52 AM -0800 2/4/06, Barry Muller wrote:
Hello,

I just sent an email to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I got the following error:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Remote host said: 550
[EMAIL PROTECTED] unknown user
account

Does anyone know if this is an obsolete address (Got
it from Low End Mac just few minutes ago). or a
temporary server problem.

That sounds like an address you send to to switch to digest mode, or it almost is. The "listname" part is likely intended to be replaced with the name of the list such as "G-Books". So if you send a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" it would switch your account to digest mode.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA