My Reply follows quote. On 04/02/2006 13:31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Greetings,
>  I have a Wallstreet that I am trying to connect to
>my cable modem.  I know the modem works, because I can
>connect with my B&W.  I take the ethernet cable from
>the back of the B&W and connect it to the ethernet
>port on the Wallstreet and then start it up.  I try to
>connect using IE, but it doesn't connect.  I am
>running 10.2 on the wallstreet.  I have the
>configuration set to DHCP server and the IP address
>has changed from 000.000 to one similiar to my B&W.
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Lee
--------
The "easiest" way would be to put a router between the
cable modem and the other computers.

To do what you are trying, I expect that you will have
to unplug the modem, connect the Wallstreet, and then
power up the modem and then the Wallstreet. Check the
settings in the TCP/IP control panel (or whatever it is
called in OS 10.2.8 - can't recall at the moment).

Generally, the modem gets the MAC address of the first
device it "sees" and expects that to be the only device
attached. A router "fools" the modem and passes out addresses
as needed.

Ken