On Feb 7, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Geoffrey Peters wrote:

I've been sent some old P'Books (another Pismo & another Wallstreet) and the soft acrylic LDC overlay that's used is particularly marred by screen-scratches.

I was hoping that the one with the Pismo would be in good condition, but such is not the case.

Has anyone figured out a way of removing the key-marks on the screen? Both the Pismos i have here, the marking is noticable even when the screen is lit up.

Key markings are different from scratches. On a bad iBook, I used several SeeClear swabs, which are eyeglass cleaning swabs, readily available in drugstores; Costco sells em, too.

*gentle* scrubbing with these cleaned most of the marks off, at least so they're not noticeable when the screen's on.

Scratches, on the other hand, are different...I don't know how to get rid of those.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'