I've used a liquid buffing compound for polishing plexiglass windshields. I looks like brown water and it can be bought from an auto parts store. I'll warn you though that it can make the area that your fixing look a little shiny when the laptop is off.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Kotek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: G-Books <G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:51:25 -0600
Subject: Re: Curing screen-scratches?

  On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 15:06:40 +1100, Geoffrey Peters wrote
I've been sent some old P'Books (another Pismo & another Wallstreet)
and the soft acrylic LDC overlay that's used is particularly marred
by screen-scratches.

I was hoping that the one with the Pismo would be in good condition,
but such is not the case.

Has anyone figured out a way of removing the key-marks on the
screen? Both the Pismos i have here, the marking is noticable even
when the screen is lit up.

Ok never tried any of this so YMMV but I heard Pledge helps, also buffing
with toothpaste, or that stuff on TV liquid lens or something like that.

believed to be clean.