On Feb 8, 2006, at 6:57 AM, Der Mickster wrote:

And so: presumably, my G3 300 WallStreet can handle a maximum of 512
megs of RAM. I wanted to clarify a few points concerning the exact
specifications of the modules I shall have to use. SPD. Check. Chips
on both shoulders . . . ahem, sides of the module. Got it. Make sure
it's 144-pin (the other kind wouldn't fit, anyway). Fine. 100/133 mhz
shouldn't really make that much of a difference due to backwards
compatibility, insofar as I understand it. Okay so far.

The question is: is the above list of criteria exhaustive? Anything
else I might be overlooking? Any known caveats?

Quit tossing, turning and worrying about it, just go buy your ram from Data Memory Systems <http://www.datamem.com> and you'll get the right stuff.

I've upgraded dozens of systems (including wallstreets) with their ram and save for one time I ordered the wrong thing, one time they had the wrong thing in the correctly labeled package, and one time they had been given the wrong specs for a particular model (a PC laptop) (all problems dealt with courteously, quickly and without charge) I've never had a problem with their ram, it's always worked.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'