Tsk tsk, naughty top-poster! :)

Stardate 060208.21:08 -0800. A subspace message from R. P. Bell reads:

Most of us will tell you that, hands down, the Pismo is probably the brightest
star ever put in the notebook sky by Apple.

No argument - why else would OWC still be offering their G4 modification upgrades :)

The Amrani-clad Ferrari gets supercharged, woo! (if I were keeping one - I don't have a need for portable computing - I would get this done)

You're probably looking at from US$250 to US$400 for #1, depending on condition
(especially the LCD; bad pixels really kill the value, as do bad plastics and
keyboard) ...

#1 has got a single stuck white/blue pixel, roughly in the middle of the top right quadrant of the screen, otherwise it is all good. As I mentioned, rubber is a little scuffed but intact (no aluminium showing), and a few wear-marks & scuffs around the corners. Suprisingly, it has all four feet :)

http://brains.mine.nu/temp/pismo-1-kit.jpg http://brains.mine.nu/temp/pismo-1-screen.jpg

(I forgot to put the original 10.3.2 disc-pack in that shot ... oh well)

and US$100-200 (max) for #2 (incidentally, can you verify that #2
will boot from the AC adapter?).

This one, the screen overlay has zero dead pixels, but its overlay has a few key-mark rubbing-spots that are noticable when the screen is lit. And she runs fine off the mains :) It does have all four feet mising, though, and a split that runs from the clicker to the latch, along the botton edge of the front.

http://brains.mine.nu/temp/pismo-2-kit.jpg http://brains.mine.nu/temp/pismo-2-screen.jpg

All keys present on both, all keys work on both.

Geoffrey
--
 "I'm afraid music in the modern idiom is too repetitive for my tastes