Geoffrey...

I think, given your recent update and the images you supplied, that my original
estimate of cost is very close to what you can expect, as they stand. If I were
you, I'd try to sell them locally (eg. Australia), if only because
international
shipping is somewhat prohibitive. I didn't try to do the math on the conversion
to Australian value.

On #1, the scuffed rubber and chinks around the edges will hurt value, but I
still think you are in the ball-game with my estimate.  The single bad pixel is
only marginably problematic, but a buyer will try to use that as a bargaining
point ("what else is going wrong with it?").

Have you thought of taking the best of each (screen from #2, plastics from the
best, even if you have to mix parts, etc.) and make one sterling machine?  That
would raise value to US$375-500--maybe even US$525, if it is really and
honestly
"primo" and you have a motivated buyer).

The OS 9.1 system, no disks, is a wash (another reason to rob Peter to pay
Paul).  The OX 10.3.2 with distro is good and greatly supports the valuation I
gave, especially for a single machine made out of the best of both.  Think
about
bundling all the best: Best plastics/Flawless LCD/768 RAM/40 HD/Good
battery/VST
Zip/Apple case/10.3.2 w-CDs/best AC adapter and cord, all carefully cleaned and
detailed (the keymarks on the screen are NOT permanent, regardless of what
you've been told.  I clean them from my Pismo screen about twice a year)--I
say,
that makes a really nice package deal for a motivated buyer.  Do you have
original docs?

Then, the other machine could be parted out (even I need another 2.5" drive
(though I would like to have 40 GB or even more), and would consider a 500 MHz
logic, too--and I'm just one of several, I'm sure).  Those parts would bring
you
$75-120, giving you about US$100 more than my previous estimates.  Personally,
I'd pay more for a primo Pismo than for a 1st generation TI-Book (and maybe
even
for 2nd generation--the TI-Books really scuff up bad and show case damage much
worse than the Pismos, in my opinion).

rb