On Sunday, February 12, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Jon Kotek wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:06:03 -0800, sandra ragan wrote
Having run into this by accident last week... just thought I'd
remind you all that random Google searches can bring up your posts
to this list... nothing in these electronic forums should be
considered "private" and may come back to haunt you...

You should always think of email like mailing a postcard, anyone can read the
information.

You won't believe how many people think Email is private.

An important point to keep in mind is that employers (and prospective dating partners, for that matter) routinely do informal background checks via Google. Also, HR people often join Friendster and the like to cull personal info on prospective employees. New York Magazine did a piece a few months ago on this called "MySpace Invaders":

<http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/ 15075/>

Donald