Tim Hodgson wrote:
I think Sandra's making the distinction between a private mailing list, such as G-Books was, and a list which is publicly archived and can thus be searched via Google. But I don't know whether that's true of Google groups.

I'm on other lists that archive the postings. If I Google my name or
the specific topic I find links to my e-mail in the archives. Even if
that were not true, one should assume that anything posted on the web
is out there somewhere for all to see. Woody

They'd have to know what to look for, I believe.  Also, I thought
there was an option that Dan could choose to keep the list from being
searchable.  He may have done that.  (Dan?)

As an experiment to confirm what I thought:
I belong to 5 Yahoo Groups. Only one of them has PUBLIC archives.
I Googled myself in all sorts of forms. I did find some records - ONLY from the list that had PUBLIC archives.

OK, I just went to Google Groups. This new group has PUBLIC archives.
Concetta