On Feb 14, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Al Poulin wrote:

Is anybody here happy with using their iBooks or small screen PowerBooks as desktop machines? Do you hook up an extra keyboard and mouse? Happy with the small screen? Or do you hook up a larger monitor? Elevate the laptop on a stand?

I used to use an eMac and an iBook and keep them synchronized. Now I use only a 15" AlBook 1.25GHz, 1GB RAM, OS 10.4.4. At my main desk, I have a computer "hutch" with a shelf raised a few inches off the table top, and on top of that I have a Road Tools "Podium" CoolPad that raises the screen to a perfect height for me.

I use an Apple Bluetooth kepboard, and a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical at my desk. When I'm upstairs, I have the smaller CoolPad that I use either on a table or on my lap, and find the trackpad (with the addition of iScroll2 for two-finger scrolling) comfortable most of the time.

I'd probably do the same with a 12" screen, but I'm glad to have the extra screen real estate with the 15".

Regards,

Harry Corsover

--
Feel better, look younger, live longer and make more money with Synergy Worldwide:

Harry Corsover
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            303-909-9218
www.harryc.biz