I dont know why, but I have had _zero_ luck bringing any third party WS or lombard batteries back to life. BTI or Newertech.

Well, I called NewerTech and they think it's a bad PMU, but I still want a second opinion. They did say that they could get approval for another replacement, if I wanted to, however.

So, are there any other symptoms of a bad PMU other than fried batteries? I really don't want to ship my machine off, because it's got all my stuff on it, and it's got a couple of cracks in the lower case, and one to the left of the LCD on the inside of the lid that I don't want to stress any more than I have to.

Also, before I forget, does anyone know the keyboard combination to force the fans to come on, because I suspect that mine has a bad fan, as well.

*sighs as he's planning on spending the price of a used TiBook to get the Lombard fixed*

Caleb

Did you notice any odd behavior ? For example my primary lombard will charge my one good battery even though the battery reads 100%. This worries me.

You can always try swapping out the PMU - if I knew where it was.

Mad Dog