Okay...time to keep my Nitpickers Guild membership active:

"Apple's in the eye of flaw finders"

Can we please (please!) refer to black hat hackers as, well, "black hat
hackers?"

Yes, I do understand that that was the title of the original article.  At
the same time, I'm one of those jerks that suffers from an overwhelming
compulsion to "call a spade a spade."  I'm not convinced that referring to
an (alleged) hack as "flaw finding" is helping anyone, even if it's only in
an article title.

If someone is merely interested in "finding flaws" as a technical exercise,
that's one thing.  However, I'd like to think that we can all agree that
there is a big difference in simply wanting to "find flaws" using equipment
that you own/have legal access to and actually *exploiting* these flaws on
someone else's machine entirely unbidden.  The terms "white hat" and "black
hat" hacker pretty much speak for themselves.

I guess I suffer from a (undoubtedly senseless and irrational) fear of
having the next DefCon referred to as "the largest underground flaw finding
event in the world."

Best,

James Fraser
Vice President