Thanks to everybody who has pitched in. Here  is what is stumping me. I had
a DA G4 with two drives in it. Sold the DA. Thought I'd make do with the G3
B&W till I get another G4 up and running. So . . .I put one of the drives in
the G3 and it just won't go. The drive has three partitions, one with
10.4.5, one with 10.3.9, and one with 9.2.2 just will not boot up. Tried 90
times and different ways. I pulled it and put the other drive in, which has
only one partition Server 10.3.9 and it is running smooth as silk. This is
the same G3 that has two pea-in-a-pod identical 256 mg Kingston ramsticks in
it that show as one 256 and one 128, no matter which slot I put the suspect
stick in. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--
All the Best,

R.A. Cantrell

[EMAIL PROTECTED]