On Feb 16, 2006, at 3:31 PM, G-List wrote:

From: Ginny Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [G] New Member with a question
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:21:34 -0800

I have an external Zip 100 in perfect shape, but it was daisy chained
on my old Mac to a SCZI port & they told me at the electronic store
(Fry's) that there was no kind of connector that would allow you to
connect a SCZI device to a USB hub or port.  Any help or suggestions
would be much appreciated.  I have a lot of info & pictures on my Zip
100 discs & would love to be able to use them.  I know that I can play
my 100s on the 250 or 750 IF I could install one. I suppose I could buy
another
larger capacity external one, but don't want to go that route.

You could continue to use your external Zip 100 by installing a PCI SCZI card in your Blue & White G3 (now G4).

But for a long range strategy, how do you back up your Zip disks? Those disks are not the best for long term, permanent storage. Do you copy them to your hard drives? Once copied to one of your internal hard drives, you could then use an external hard drive for backing up your photos again. Also, I would question whether the Zip drive is robust enough for the long term.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God, proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.