By the time I got the digest, both Reuters and Sophos' links were dead and gone. I read the one on "The registry". As mentioned by other posters, a "virus" one has to willingly download, and then supply with admin pw & un, is not a virus. The viruses are most likely the ones affecting the judgement of the body occupying the space between keyboard an chair, as a poster so eloquently put it. However, I picked this line up on "The Registry":"OS X running on x86 means that the skills that people have developed and a lot of the tools people have created for finding problems, analysing problems, and writing the code to take advantage of them, will work," he said. "They no longer need to learn a different assembler or a different memory architecture." Now tell me this is not horse manure. The new Intel inside the MacIntels are not the old fashioned x86 ones inside any gray Wintel- box, right? And the OSX'es running on various wintel x86-boxes have been more or less rude hacks. I do not think for a million monetary untis I could install an out-of-the-box OSX on a (creepy) pee-cee. I would have to resort to some sort of mumbo-jumbo, sort of like a XpostFacto for pee-see's. And why in the name of (insert favourite deity here) would any sensible person do that? Not for any serious use, just to show off. IMHO, OSX (as is OS9) is boilerplate. How long has it been around? How long has the fishnet called windows XP been around? How many holes, worms, viruses, spyware, Trojans are there for the two platforms? Score: OSX wins, hands down.
Dixi et salvavi animam meam!