On 19/02/2006, at 4:57 PM, Matt wrote:

Ok, I just picked up a G4 DA with 10.3.9. It didn't come with any speakers or any of that stuff. My question is, what can I do to make this a decent system to watch movies on since it has a DVD player? I have an LCD monitor that I can turn around to face a comfy chair in my office so I'm thinking this would be a pretty good setup. What kind of speaker system does anyone suggest I pick up to make this a really good movie watching experience?
-Matt

Hi Matt,

I have a B&W with a 19" LCD that's used for watching movies, listening to MP3's with the visualizer, etc... I'm using a set of Labtec speakers, 2 flat panel satellites @ 8 watts and and a sub- woofer @ 12 watts. The sub-woofer is under my desk and the satellites are wall mounted, about 6 feet apart behind the desk. Excellent sound for my old ears and enough power to really annoy people! :) With the bass turned up a bit, movies like Starwars and 2001 are really cool!

Amanda