On Feb 20, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Ginny Evans wrote:

On Feb 20, 2006, at 12:44 AM, Amanda Ward wrote:

My B&W (G4/450 - 10.4.5) has four hard drives (20 and 60 GB internal and 40 and 250 GB FW), the internal Zip 100, a DVD burner and an external SCSI Jaz drive running from a Microtech USB-SCSI-HD50 adapter. Should be good to go for a while.

Amanda
--
Wow! You're not kidding! At my age, I figure this G/3 (with G-4 CPU) will last me probably the rest of my life! LOL! Unless someone comes up with some "gee-whiz" computer I just can't live without. LOL!

Am mailing you my check today. I wonder if I can install the Zip drive myself. I used to be able to do about anything to my 6500, but for some reason, I've sort of "hung back" on this one & let a young friend who has about 4 Macs, do most things on this one. Only thing is, he's quite busy so don't know when he can get around to my stuff.
Ginny

This tutorial with pictures should help you along the way. It was written to show how to change the cd-rom drive, but the zip drive is right there in all the pictures and the procedure is much the same.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/G3-ZONE/hival52x/install.html

Just a message from Doug...