At 22:30 -0500 2/20/06, Dan K wrote:
>Loverly idea that, but since I truly dislike Sherlock 2 (though not as
>much as I dislike Spotlight), I just dug out Sherlock 1 which works as
>great as ever (under 10.3.9's Classic of course.)

In OS9 - on this 8500 - I can still index a disk with Sherlock and arrange to
have the index stored on the disk itself as a file. The "disk" is actually on a
partition I use for making CD-ROM's.

After I cut the CD and remount it weeks later Sherlock on OS-9 recognizes the
index and can perform content based searches on the CD-ROM without having to
re-index it.

How can I emulate that feature on OS neXt?  How can I persuade Spotlight, or
10.3.9 content indexing for that matter, to use the Sherlock-produced index?
How do I tell Spotlight that it should save its indexing information on the
CD-ROM?
--

--> Science is the business of discovering and codifying the rules and methods
employed by the Intelligent Designer. Religions provide myths to mollify the