From: Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fire up Activity Monitor, and in the Activity Monitor window, find
and halt a process called iTunes Helper, this is an 'invisible' app
that is in the Startup Items, and causes this problem.

Under the View menu in Activity Monitor is an item called Quit process, this quits the monitoring of the process or the process itself? Why is this under the View menu? And for anyone who does not use iTunes (I know I don't know what I am missing!) is it ok to turn it off permanently and how do you do that and can it be turned back on at will? Or is it too complicated to get into the startup items and invisible files. Or does one need to be booted from outside the volume it is on? Would this be "futzing" too much?

I notice that "invisible" is not on the command-f find file list of properties, I thought it was in older OSs? Also when getting info on this startup there is a permanent "Fetching" (and "Calculating Size") but no getting there.

I love starting my day with the G-List and some conundrums...

David Elmo