What usually happens to me (I installed a Sonnet) is that some devices won' t power up when connected to that card, thus requiring them to be moved to my B&W native USB 1 port, which powers the items without problems (But at the slower speed).

I have tried (while still on USB 1) with "Powered" USB Hubs (One by MacAlly, specially troublesome, a blue-ish one a-la-G3 B&W), and a "no brand" one, and still the result is the same: Some items won' t power up when connected to a hub (or the 2.0 card, for that instance).

My question is: Does anyone on the group has tried a "Tried and true" USB 2.0 POWERED hub that would draw enough power from it' s own supply as to power up, let' s say... an external laptop drive mounted in an USB Chassis, the same way the Mac' s native 1.1 port does?

Thanksssss.....

On Feb 25, 2006, at 4:50 PM, david_elmo wrote:

From: Christopher Icha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi

I have just installed a high speed USB card in my Quicksilver G4.  The
system profiler can see it, and describes the vendor name as Apple
Computer Inc, but it doesn't seem to work when I  plug anything in to
it.  I am running 10.3.9.  Is there some kind of driver that must be
installed?  I can't seem to find anything on the system CDs.

help please

I have a Belkin PCI USB 2 card (supposed to work for both Mac and PCs and it worked straight off. There was no vendor name in Apple Profiler, there was "manufacturer" and there was "vendor id". By highlighting USB High-Speed Bus in the top pane the following details appeared below:

USB High-Speed Bus:

  Host Controller Location:     Expansion Slot
  Host Controller Driver:       AppleUSBEHCI
  PCI Device ID:        0x00e0
  PCI Revision ID:      0x0004
  PCI Vendor ID:        0x1033
  Bus Number:   0x55

USB2.0 Hub Controller:

  Version:      1.00
  Bus Power (mA):       500
  Speed:        Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: NEC Corporation
  Product ID:   0x0058
  Vendor ID:    0x0409

I do not recall installing any software for it at all. I think it is built into Tiger. I0.4 and surely into yours too? Driver software came for installing in a PC. (I have a little collection of PC driver CDs, now these cute little ones, unused.)

Try at least reseating and pressing the cuda button. Otherwise you might try a Belkin.

David Elmo

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:  <mailto:g-list@mail.maclaunch.com>
Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/g-list%40mail.maclaunch.com/>