On Aug 29, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:

> As if being a CEO or CFO was the measure of a man or his right to bear
> and express an opinion.

Who is telling you you can't have an opinion? No one.

> I wonder how the founding fathers of the USA felt about that. Care to
> exchange quotes from them?

The sure sign of a scoundrel: when he can't marshal the facts, he
wraps himself in the flag.

The essence of your argument is "Waaah I'm a whiny privilege baby and
I demand a cheep mac now!! Waaaah!".

The essence of MY argument is "Apple doesn't have to do what you want."

YOU may think that Apple selling their OS to any and all comers and
opening it up to cloning will be the bees knees and turn Apple into an
industry-straddling giant.

I think that that's a poor strategy for Apple to pursue, because it
guts their main business which is not selling OS X, but selling Macs.

I think that neither of our opinions matter worth a damn in this case
because neither of us are running Apple.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona