Posted to g4Books list. (Cross-posted to the more-active %3-5 list -
Although it has desktop focus, many people there have laptops - and
might be more likely to reply.)

LEM G4books list is not very active. (Low subscriber-base?)

What list(s) are best places to sink/find/share information about
this particular computer? -- see specs, in signature.

My major unanswered questions now are:
1. Advice on cost-conscious selection of hard-drive for internal
replacement of original 10 gig drive. i.e. Something less than 100
gig is fine. Everything I see is bigger than that and more $ than I
need for *internal* drive. If/when I need more than 100 gig drive, I
would use external storage for that.
2. Advice on selecting fan/cooling pad for under laptop. There seem
to be so many models. Lightweight and compact (portability) is a
desired feature, even if I need 2 units: one for briefcase and a
better one for  regular use.

This Mac is my only working Mac, and I don't foresee another Mac
soon, unless I resurrect something even older that it on-hand. So, I
need advice on optimizing this machine for reliability and
performance. Want to get most life out of this computer, until reason
to replace with something else.

Thanks.

J Winter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Power Book: That is  the original Titanium (Jan 2001), code-name
"Mercury"

400 MHz Power PC G 4, 640 MB SDRAM, OS X 10.4.11
Soon will increase to 1 GIG MEM and get larger hard drive, replace a
few worn parts, etc.
Open to ideas for best use(s) of PCMIA slot.
Capability to add usage of Speech-dictation software (Mac Speech
iListen) is a next goal, i.e., after hardware upgrades. Intended
hardware changes now are likely to be "the last time" of opening this
computer (barring unplanned necessity).