On Sep 13, 2008, at 7:07 AM, Al Poulin wrote:

> Yes, this list is truly more helpful than the G4-books.  But if I'd
> seen the same questions there, I would have given you the same answers
> as below.

The few times i have cross-posted, this is the list that is most
likely to answer. :-)

Thanks, guys!

BTW, no, as laptop person, I am not "afraid" to open it -- It's just
that many laptop people are more likely to not have any spare
computers (or parts) to play with -- nor may have the spare time to
experiment with the mechanical innards.  OTOH, people who have
desktop systems and laptops or a whole arsenal may more easily come
up with answers than people who have one machine at a time (the one
that works).