On Sep 19, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

>> Need to start backups all over again?
>>

> Oh, no. Time machine is pretty robust. I expect that if you powercycle
> your system everything will work ok.

I decided to try and run Time Machine again, and even after a forced
re-boot of my system (using the programmer's button on the front of my
QS), Time Machine evidently picked up where it left off ... and / or
recovered.

It had seemingly frozen, even though the progress bar was still
flickering - no increase in GB being copied ... total of 5.1GB  ...
Activity Monitor was reporting no disk activity, although it may not
have opened completely ... that's when my Dock froze trying to open
Mail ... and things went downhill. I did realize that 1.8GB wouldn't
change very quickly, but I noticed no progress bar movement either.

So I re-booted.

You're evidently right ... pretty robust ... it finished and reported
only that time of today's backup ( I do all mine triggered manually).

Thanks.
Bill Connelly
Musician and Painter
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio/