Thanks for the info . so do you think i should download the patch and
try the drive again? I not going to update just yet to OS X as I was
told that with the system older hardware I may have problems with
using the older versions of the video software and I plan to use this
system for doing video. I like to update the hardware like Memory and
CPU and video cards but know that I will be limited to the G4
hardware.

If Pioneer dives may be one choice  could Sony be another ? Are there
other brands I can use?
I also looking at changing out one of the two or both hard drives
(there are 2 IBM IDE Deskstars 60 gigs each)
I like to see what i can get out of this box for a bit .. It bring
back memories from working at Apple it was hell some time other time
it was fun but when you have to fix system after system to get it out
the door  you get a bit tired. I can say I have personal worked on
thousands of G3 G4 and iMacs (pre LCD)

Thanks again for the info and by the way I always like the case of the
G3 / G4 and was a lost why Apple just dropped them and wonder what
ever happen to them.

well i searched around and i was shocked to find out what had happen
to the Case and what they are being used for now.

be warned this is a bad end for such great case..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxdliMYpVwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChN4WhWrJQo

CC