On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Charles Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2008, at 11:10 PM, Marty Levine wrote:
>

>> I have an iBook G4, 1.2 ghz with 768 mb RAM and a Superdrive.  This
>> machine has been booting off an external firewire drive for almost a
>> year and is running Leopard since the internal drive failed.
>
> What do you get when holding the 'Opt.' (AKA 'Alt') key while booting?
>>

> Should be a screen with Icons for each bootable system.
> WAIT for the cursor to return to normal, select the external drive
> Icon, and hit return.
>
> HTH

When I boot with the Option key held down I get the following

a button with a curved arrow (clockwise)
an icon for the external hard drive
a button with an arrow pointed to the right

So far nothing seems to cause a response other than clicking on the
arrow pointing to the right.  After that I get the same black screen.

I have never used this feature of booting with the Option key before.
Is this the normal behavior if there is only one bootable drive
available?