Hi.

I've never been a subscriber to massive hard drives.

What does the average user do with all that space? Who actually uses 1000GB?
Then you have the question of backing up. The larger the storage the larger the
back up needed.

The largest drive I have had is 160GB which came in my Intel iMac. At the
moment I have 100GB of music stored on a 120GB hard drive, which I bought
merely to keep all my music in one place. I have a 20GB boot drive for crying
out loud.

My PowerBook G3 Pismo came with a 40GB hard drive which I think is a little bit
of overkill as I have only used 10GB.

It is not that I don't do heavy work. I am a graphic designer who works in
Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator. I use iMovie for video editing and make a lot
of backup disc images.

I just think massive drives are bought for the 'ive got 500GB' wow factor
rather than if you actually need or use it.

A PC friend of mine has a 500GB Western Digital external drive and never goes
over 200GB of it. What a waste of money.

Simon

--- www.simonroyal.co.uk and www.nmug.org.uk (sent using Nokia E71)