At 9:49 AM -0400 10/30/2008, Sam Macomber wrote:
>thank you for the reply!

Please remember to BOTTOM post and TRIM on these LEM lists.
Providing tech support with top posting wastes time.

>I did it and when I told it to erase, it responded 'Indexing
>disabled'  nothing about erasing.

Then you typed the command incorrectly.  It should have said 'index
removed'.  Redo all three commands.  If you have problems, copy the
whole thing and paste it into your reply here so we can see what
actually happened.

>checking Activity viewer after I turned indexing back on there is
>little to no activity from any 'md'
>process  most I've seen is 0.6 for a second on 'mds'

Well, if you didn't actually erase the index, then there's nothing
for the indexing processes to do.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth