Hi all ~

Been using a Maxtor and a Fantom hard drive to back up files. These are
not bootable, so I have always assumed in case of a major OS
malfunction I would lose much of my user configuration, but what the
hey. Retrospect does a good job backing up what's new and changed. My
question is, if I just dragged files to the hard drive (I actually do
this to make my own archives, old files are loaded onto both drives and
then deleted from my computer) am I going to have permissions problems?
I haven't had any so far.

What are the issues here?

Was considering Time Machine but my brain balked at the $300 price tag.
Got the Airport Express Extreme though on account I wanted to network
the G4 with the new iMac in order to get both on my cable modem. (G4
did not have a wireless card it turns out).

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Creations
Jewelry that Sings to Your Spirit
http://www.downtoearthcreations.com