On Nov 11, 10:40 am, Dan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Um, yes but I'm not sure what "with ethernet" means in this context.
> How does ethernet come into play when setting up partitions?

Sorry, I was not clear here.  I meant that the Macs are connected by
ethernet LAN, not using Wi-Fi, and not getting into NAS.

> Maintaining a single separate partition for *each* Mac is the easiest
> / cleanest solution.  It means you'll use more storage in total but
> it keeps things clean on a per system basis.
> No need for an additional set of partitions.

Okay, total of four bootable partitions, one for each Mac.  And I use
those same partitions for the incremental backups, right?

> RAID is expensive.  Use RAID to improve the performance of your live system.
> Use normal volumes to do your backups - that you can disconnect, etc.

Thanks, no RAID here.

And two final questions:
And can SuperDuper do the same encrypted tunnel trick between two Macs
like CCC?
If I remember correctly, you used to favor SuperDuper for its ease of
use.  It seems CCC has caught up?

Many Thanks for all your help.

Al Poulin